An Australian mother has taken to Instagram to honor her young son, who died after choking on a bouncy ball toy.
In the post on the photo-sharing app, Anna Davis revealed the death of her son, Alby, who was just days shy of his 4th birthday. She also took the opportunity to clarify news reports of what happened.
“I, of course, tried to save our beautiful boy,” she wrote in the post. “The heartache we are already experiencing is indescribable.”
Davis said she spent “16 excruciating minutes” trying to perform CPR on her son while waiting for paramedics to arrive.